The present day Hordle Parish Council which comprises the Villages of Tiptoe, Hordle and Everton was formed when the New Forest District Council was created by Act of Parliament on April 1st 1974. New Forest District Council includes the whole of the former Borough of Lymington, the New Forest Rural District Council which was established in 1895, and the greater part of the former Ringwood and Fordingbridge Rural District Council in the County of Hampshire. There are 37 Parish Councils within the New Forest District Council area and 11 District Councils within the Hampshire County Council area.
- All of Tiptoe but only part of Hordle and Everton lies within the Boundary of the New Forest National Park.
- Tiptoe, in the North of the Parish, has approximately 100 Dwellings, a Public House, a Primary School and two churches namely – St Andrew’s the daughter church of All Saints Hordle and a Baptist Church now known as Wellspring Church New Forest .
- Everton in the South-east of the Parish, has some 800 dwellings, the majority having been built since 1970, a Village shop/Post Office, a Social Club, a Garden Centre, a large Nursery, a Public House, a Mobile Home Park, the Everton Garage, and is served by the church of St Mary’s the daughter church of All Saints, Milford on sea. It also has a Bus Service to New Milton, Lymington and Hordle. Most children from Everton attend Milford Primary School.
Hordle has some 1700 Dwellings, the Village having grown considerably since 1945, much of it in the 1970’s, has a Premier Inn, Doctors Surgery, Chemist, and a range of other Village Shops including Pet shop, Haberdashery, Take Away, Petrol Service Station with a Spar shop and a Co-operative Stores, although with the easy access to the superstores at New Milton & Lymington which are both served by a Bus service. It also has a Primary School and church All Saints Hordle.
There are small Industrial Units at Silver Street Farm, Kings Farm at Hordle, Lea Green Farm at Downton and Efford providing various services such as Vehicle Repairs and MOT’s, Bike Sales, Carpet Sales, Garden Sheds, Garage Doors, Patio Slabs, Carpentry and other services. There are three Public Houses in the Parish namely, the Plough Inn at Tiptoe, the Crown at Everton, and the Three Bells at Hordle which is also a Premier Inn. There are places to eat in the Parish: Camellias at Everton Nurseries, coffee shop and cafe at Otters Nursery and The Mill at Gordleton which straddles the Parish Boundary.
For more information about the history of the area click here